New to the solopreneur game, or a seasoned player in small business, you’ll need a clearly defined vision and end-point for your business. Knowing where you’re wanting to head, makes the path to getting there much easier to navigate!
Why? Well…. so many reasons, but how about we start with the following 10!
1. It helps you to create sustainability so that you can drive a long-term enterprise that grows and evolves as time and trends move forward.
2. A vision gives you a business, not a job. When you look beyond the day-to-day, week-to-week and month-to-month you are motivated to achieve bigger and better things.
3. Having a vision helps you develop your plan for business growth. Don’t you need to know where you’re going so you can map out how to get there?.
4. A clear business vision allows your passion to infiltrate how you operate. Profit making is crucial, but most solopreneurs strive to lead a happy life doing what they love best, right?
5. Being clear with your vision makes it easier to choose like-minded others to partner and collaborate with. If you know what you stand for, you can tell those prospects to ensure that together your visions would align.
6. Your vision is what tells and shows others what you stand for. It’s what guides you and stands you apart from others so that your customers, clients and business connections know what to expect from their dealings with you.
7. A clear vision and the path to getting there helps with your exit plan. Every sustainable business always needs an exit plan because someday you will want to retire, and having a vision can assist with knowing when you’re satisfied to step back.
8. Having a vision helps you to create structures and systems that will support your ultimate plan.
9. Your clearly identified vision will help you develop marketing materials to reach your intended audience. If you know where youíre going, why your business is heading in that direction, and who your market is, you’ll be able to create more targeted marketing messages.
10. It will help your offerings – products and or services – become uniquely you.
There’s a saying that you’ve probably heard before and that is Failing to plan, is planning to fail. When you’re running your own business, if you neglect the vision and goal setting part of the plan you’ll struggle to create a sustainable business that will provide the security and future that you desire. A business vision allows you to think big in terms of your dreams, but it also prompts you to think of how you can reach those dreams. If you think your solopreneur business vision needs refreshing, we’d love to help. Have a look at just some of our offerings with some great new material coming early in 2017!
Solopreneur Success – Learn how flying solo, working for yourself by yourself you can go from
struggle street to having a life and business on your terms.